New Hampshire's Christian schools lobbied heavily for the voucher bills. Here is an example
If experience in other voucher and tax credit programs is any guide, ninety percent of the children receiving vouchers in New Hampshire are likely to use them in the state's small Christian schools.
Here is an article
describing the curriculum used in many of New Hampshire's secular private schools, Christian fundamentalist A Beka Book
, Bob Jones University Press, and Accelerated Christian Education (ACE)
97 Maple Avenue
Claremont, New Hampshire 03743
Rev. Marc Proch, Director Link
Curriculum : Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)
Accreditation: Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Data from Private School Review
Claremont Christian Academy exists for the purpose of glorifying God by:
- Creating a Christ-centered education.
- Challenging students to reach their highest potential.
- Assisting parents to fulfill their biblical call.
1. We believe that education should:
A. Begin with concern for the student's relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
B. Guide each child to think biblically.
C. Teach each child to integrate biblical principles into all of life.
D. Train children to become Christian servant leaders.
E. Lead to a life of loving God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength, and their neighbors as themselves. (Colossians 3:16.17; Mark 12:30)
2. We believe that it is important for students to reach their highest potential both spiritually and academically. We will help every student reach their highest academic potential by using high quality curriculum and knowledgeable, effective teachers. We believe that as we lean on God's wisdom to guide us that He will lead us to the best teachers and curriculum for CCA. (Proverbs 3:5,6; Philippians 3:13,14)
3. We believe that God has called CCA to assist and support parents in their responsibility to "bring up the child in the way he should go". (Proverbs 22:6; Ephesians 6:4)
Po Box 303, Bethlehem, NH, 03574
BCS has a staff of two, husband and wife, Dr. Barbara and Steven Palmer. Bethlehem uses the ACE curriculum.
From the BCS web site:
"Bethlehem Christian School was founded in 1997 as a ministry of Bethlehem Christian Center, with the original intent of supporting the Christian churches of the North Country by providing a superior, Bible-based education for their children. We have discovered in the years since that we also provide an excellent alternative education for other families who are disenfranchised with the current state of public school education."
We believe in:
- The plenary, verbal inspiration of the Bible, equally and in all
parts and without error;
- The one God, eternally existent Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Who
created man by a direct, immediate act;
- The preexistence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, miracles,
substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension to Heaven, and
second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ;
- The fall of man, the need for regeneration by the operation of the
Holy Spirit through personal faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour on the
basis of grace alone, and the resurrection of every person to either eternal life
or eternal damnation;
- The spiritual relationship of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ,
living a life of righteous works, separated from the world, and witnessing
of His saving grace through the ministry of the Holy Spirit;
- The Biblical mandate of the Great Commandment and the Great Commission for all
Believers to proclaim the Gospel and to disciple all nations.
Po Box 62, Candia, NH, 03034
7 teachers, 50 students, grades 9-12
JRHS is a ministry of the Candia Congregational Church
From the Jesse Remington High School POLICY AND PROCEDURE HANDBOOK:
Statement of Faith
We declare our continuing commitment to the truths set forth in the Basis of
Union and the Constitution of the United Church of Christ,
Community Life Statement
• We confess our faith in the triune God-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• We confess that Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man. Because of our sin and
estrangement from God, at the Father’s bidding the Son of God took on flesh.
Conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, He became like us in all
things apart from sin. He died on the cross to atone for our sin and reconcile to God and on the third day rose bodily from the dead. He is the sole head of the church, the Lord and Savior to us all, and will one day return in the glory, power, and judgment to usher in the Kingdom of God in its fullness.
• We hold that the Bible is the written Word of God, the infallible rule of faith and
practice of the church of Jesus Christ. The Scriptures have binding authority on all
people. All other sources of knowing stand under the judgment of the Word of God.
This is our commitment to one another:
We affirm that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the ultimate guide for our values, attitudes and behaviors in all relationships.
We will seek to foster the development of spiritual maturity through maintaining a personal devotional life and through participating in community worship and prayer.
We will seek to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace, and in gentleness, patience and humility, accept one another in love.
We will seek to encourage one another to mature in Christ-likeness through attempting to speak the truth in love in the classrooms, in business affairs, in social relationships and in all other areas of our common life.
Adopted: May 25, 2010
263 Route 125, Brentwood
Data from Private School Review
The web site lists a 4 person staff, two of whom are the pastors and are married. PSR shows 8 students, one each in different grades.
From the BCA handbook:Vision/Philosophy
: Our goal is to prepare students to be leaders in their world. The
foundation of the educational program at BCA is the Word of God. We have found that
students learn more effectively, understand their world more completely, and will change
their world more powerfully when they view every aspect of their lives through the lens of
God’s Word. Ultimately through gaining an understanding of the Word of God and having a
meaningful relationship with God gives our students purpose and greater understanding as to why they are here at this time in history. We believe that the authority of this type of
education comes from the command of God that children be taught to love God and obey
Him. As parents have been given the responsibility for the total education of their children, it is our goal to partner with parents in challenging students to learn how to love God and obey Him. Because we are educating leaders that will impact our world for Christ, we are
committed to a rigorous and challenging academic program within a dynamic learning
BCA is looking for families who want their student to receive a strong Christian education in
an environment based on clearly taught and modeled Biblical principles and strong moral
absolutes; believe that their student learns best in a community environment where students participate in Socratic discussions, cooperative learning, individual/independent research, and a variety of activities where students are actively involved in community and Christian affairs outside of the classroom.
No web site
49 students in grades K-8, mostly in kindergarten. 5 teachers
"A full program each week includes phonics, numbers, health, and music lessons as well as finger play, stories, large motor coordination activities and games, in addition to the Bible stories."
Link Data about the school
From the Mount Zion web site.
Mount Zion Christian Schools Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testament, to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God written.
2. We believe that there is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. Salvation is by grace alone through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, His death for man's sin and His resurrection, and His promised eternal life.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a godly life in this present evil world. The evidence of the Holy Spirit's ministry is His grace, His fruit and His gifts.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of the living and they are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ.
Mt. Zion curriculum resources:
- Bible – The Bible and resources from ACSI, Abeka and BJUPress
- Writing – 6 +1 Traits
- Reading – Abeka and BJUPress
- Spelling – Independent and ACSI
- Mathematics – Singapore Math
- History – ACSI, Abeka and BJUPress
From Mt. Zion's application for admission
Do you know Jesus Christ as your savior? Yes No
If yes, please write a paragraph below about how you came to know Christ as your Savior.
If no, have you ever had the gospel explained to you? Yes No
Are you willing to learn more about the Christian faith? Yes No
Doesn't have its own web site.